Become a member
We currently have over 150 members. There is a wide range of ages, abilities and aspirations in our membership so there is no such thing as a 'typical' Farnham Runner.
If you think you'd like to have a go then we welcome newcomers at any of our training sessions where you should make yourself known to a committee member.
What do I get?
Members are entitled to:
- Use of the facilities at our Club House
- Attend any of our training sessions
- Participate in the Club Championship and Club Handicap races
- Accumulate Grand Prix points during the season - and points mean prizes!!
- A reduced entry fee when entering road races
- Attend any of our social events
- A discount at selected local sports stores, companie and orgaisations (show your UK Athletics Card):
- UK Athletics public liability and third party insurance whilst training and competing with Farnham Runners.
Members receive a copy of Footprints, the club's monthly newsletter which provides details of up and coming events, some training tips, recipes, race reports and the occasional (odd) bit of humour!
Farnham Runners Constitution (2017) (PDF-427K)
Will I need club kit?
If you intend to participate in any of the cross country or road leagues in which the club participates you will need a club vest or T-shirt. Members often run in their club kit at other races, both locally, throughout the UK and some times in other countries!
Club kit can be purchased from Alton Sports.
|Standard (annual)||1st April 2019 – 31st March 2020 inclusive||£43|
|As above and including Beginners course||£49|
|Standard (part year)||Joining during July–September||£39|
|Joining during October–December||£34|
|Joining during January–March||£29|
|Discounted (annual)||If aged between 16 and 22yrs in full time education at time of joining||£30|
|Second Claim (annual)||Available to those with a First Claim Membership at another UKA affiliated club||£28|
Note that the full yearly fee is required for members rejoining from the previous year, whatever time of year they rejoin.
Other concessions may be considered by the Chairman.
How to join
There are two ways to join the club:
1. Complete an application form
The application form can be downloaded here, or obtained from a Committee Member.
Once completed email the form to the Membership Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org. Once the form has been processed you will receive an email directly from England Athletics asking for your membership fee, please pay this request by debit or credit card.
2. Transfer from another club
If you are a member of another UK Affiliated running club, you can transfer your membership to Farnham Runners by logging into the UK Athletics member portal, and completing the section entitled 'Club Transfer'.